For those of you that are concerned with all the statistics of a town, here you go!
Population
Total Population 2,338
Population Density 616 Persons/Sq. Mile
Female Population 1,221
Male Population 1,117
Median Age 33.33 Years
Percentage Population Change since 1990 94%
Percentage Population Change Since 2000 0%
Colleges
Nearest 2-Year Public College CHATFIELD COLLEGE
Distance to CHATFIELD COLLEGE 13 Miles
Nearest 4-Year Public College NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Distance to NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY 29 Miles
Households and Income
Total Number of Households 889
Family Households 647
Average Family Size 3.09
Average Household Income $43,693
Median Household Income $42,741
Percentage Income Change Since 1990 94%
Percentage Income Change Since 2000 0%
Crime Rates Compared to National Average
The National Average is designated 100%. A value of 200% represents twice as much risk while a value of 50% represents half as much risk.
Total Crime Risk 12%
Total Crime Risk (County) 34%
Personal Crime Risk (County) 24%
Murder Risk (County) 31%
Rape Risk (County) 69%
Robbery Risk 7%
Assault Risk (County) 16%
Property Risk (County) 36%
Burglary Risk (County) 53%
Larceny Risk (County) 41%
Motor Vehicle Theft Risk (County) 16%
Environment
Average July High Temperature 85.6° F
Average January Low Temperature 19.6° F
Annual Precipitation 45.46 inches
Air Pollution Index 195% of National Average
Miscellaneous
Sales Tax Rate 6.75%
Nearest Airport CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL
Distance to CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL 40 Miles
Nearest Major Sports Team CINCINNATI REDS
Distance to CINCINNATI REDS 32 Miles
Did anyone happen to see the "average July High Temp"??? 85.6 degrees! We will actually be able to breathe in the summer! WOW!
HealthSource considers Mt. Orab the central location between all the CHC's you will travel to. So they recommend us finding housing in or around this area.
As most of you know, I visited this area in March - during a flood!! So most of my pictures are "water-logged" to say the least, but I will try and find some pics of the area so you get a feel for it.
If you have children that are school age, I do not recommend Mt. Orab area. The schools are not ranked well at and the last report card they got, they were on Academic Watch.
I actually liked the look (if it counts that I was looking at it during winter and in a rain storm!) of Mt. Orab, but since we have children we have decided to focus our house search in Bethel. But I will talk about Bethel in the next blog.
Mt. Orab has some new sub-divisions going up and house prices are (what I think) incredible! I looked at a brand new home, 3bed/2bath, for $145,000!! I couldn't beleive it!
Oh, for those of you worried you wouldn't have anywhere to eat here are just some of the eateries and stores I passed:

Eating Joints
- Arby's
- Wendy's
- McDonald's
- Subway
- Steak Escape
- Dominoe's Pizza
- Grandma's Pizza
- Butterbee's (local restruaunt that everyone says is great)
- Skyline Chili -AWESOME!
- Goldstar Chili
- Home Cookin' Country Inn
- Lake Manor
Shopping
- Family Dollar
- Kroger's Grocery (they own Fry's)
There is also a nice Best Western where I stayed while I was there. It was in the process of getting a "makeover"!
There is also a mall not far down the interstate called Eastgate.

1 comment:
I love your blog and am really grateful that you are so willing to share your info. If we all share what we find this may be a pleasant transition after all.
Many thanks!
Ellen
Post a Comment